Were You Injured at a Target In Texas?
If you were injured in a slip and fall accident at a Target or Super Target, you may be able to pursue a personal injury claim for the damages you have suffered.
Don’t attempt to take on this retail giant by yourself. Target is known for denying claims and aggressively fighting to prove they are not at fault.
He is committed to helping you seek compensation that you may be entitled to for your past and future medical bills, lost wages, and pain and suffering.
Call today to schedule a Free consultation and to learn more about your legal options.
Actions To Take After a Slip And Fall Accident at Target
- Document all evidence by taking pictures of the hazard that caused your accident and of your injuries.
- Notify the store owner and fill out an accident report.
- In the accident report, provide details about what caused you to fall and injure yourself.
- Seek medical attention.
- Call a lawyer.
- If an insurance representative calls from Target, do NOT give them a recorded statement until you speak with a lawyer.
Common Reasons Guests At Target Sustain Injuries
- Wet or waxed floors due to a cleaning or a spill
- Falling merchandise from overstocked shelves
- Uneven surfaces inside and outside the store, including the sidewalk or parking lot
- Groceries or other merchandise cluttering the aisles
- Unmarked steps
Proving Target Is Liable For Your Slip and Fall Accident
Slip and fall accidents fall under premises liability law. Retail businesses, like Target, have a legal obligation to keep their premises reasonably safe for its customers.
They must regularly inspect and maintain their establishment by:
- Keeping the floor clear of spills and inventory
- Securing merchandise that is stored overhead
- Keeping entryways dry
- Spacing aisles so customers can comfortably move through the store
- Properly maintaining the automatic doors
To recover possible compensation in a slip and fall case, you must provide evidence to prove one or more of the following:
- The store owner or a Target employee caused the dangerous condition which gave rise to the accident
- The store owner or employee knew or should have known about the dangerous condition, and they failed to take reasonable steps to alleviate, cleanup, repair or fix the hazard in a timely manner
Get Help Today: Slip and Fall Accident Attorney for Target Stores